伊索寓言下金蛋的鹅

时间:2024-02-25 21:58:04
伊索寓言下金蛋的鹅

伊索寓言下金蛋的鹅

The Goose with Golden Egg

下金蛋的鹅

A Farmer and his wife live in a small house in the country. They are very poor. Then one day something fantastic happens. .

农夫和他的老婆住在乡下的一间小房子里。他们非常地穷。有一天,一些神奇的事情发生了。

Farmer: Good morning, dear.

早上好,亲爱的。

Wife: Good morning.I’ll fry you some eggs.

早晨,我给你煎些蛋吃。

The wife goes out to the barn to get some eggs. She suddenly shouts loudly to the Farmer.

农夫的老婆到谷仓外面去拿蛋。她突然大声地对农夫喊叫起来。

Wife:Come out here, dear! Quickly!

亲爱的!快过来!快!

Farmer: Why? What’s the matter?

怎么了?发生什么事了?

The Farmer runs out to the barn.

农夫赶快跑到谷仓。

Wife:Look at this!

看看这个!

Farmer: What is it?

这是什么?

Wife:It’s a golden egg!

这是金蛋!

Farmer: A golden egg?Where did you get is?

金蛋?你在哪得到的?

Wife:From this Goose.It laid this golden egg.

鹅下的金蛋。

Goose:Quack, quack!

嘎嘎,嘎嘎!

Farmer: I can’t believe it.It’s so shiny and beautiful.What shall we do with it?

我不敢相信。这太闪太美丽了。我们该怎么办呢?

Wife:Sell it at the market.

拿到市场去卖。

Farmer: Good idea.I’ll sell it and buy some meat.

好主意。我把它卖掉再买些肉回来。

Wife:Yes.I’ll cook you a delicious meal tonight.

好的,今晚我给你做一顿好吃的。

Farmer: Yahoo! Thank you, Goose!

呀呼!谢谢你,乖鹅!

The Farmer goes to the market that afternoon and gets a good price for the golden egg. The Farmer and his Wife have a nice dinner that night, but they can’t fall asleep. They are so excited and hope that the goose will lay another golden egg tomorrow morning.

下午农夫到市场去把金蛋卖了个好价钱。那天晚上,农夫和他的老婆吃了顿美味的晚餐,但是他们一点都睡不着。他们太激动了,希望鹅明天早上能再下一只金蛋。

Goose:Cock –a –doodle-doo!!!

(下蛋声)

Farmer: Wake up, dear.Let’s see if the Goose laid another golden egg.

快起床,亲爱的。我们去看看鹅有没有下金蛋。

Wife:Okay. Let’s hurry.

好的,我们快些。

The two rush out to the barn.

他们俩跑到谷仓去。

Farmer: Look!Another golden egg!

看!又一只金蛋!

Wife:Thank you, Goose.We will be rich soon.

谢谢你,乖鹅。我们很快就有钱了。

Farmer: Yes. Thanks to the Goose.Feed it well, dear.

是的,要感谢鹅。亲爱的,把它喂好点。

Wife:Of course.I will feed it the best food.

那是当然,我会给喂它最好的食物。

After that, the Farmer and his Wife gave the Goose the best food. They loved the Goose. The Goose kept laying a golden egg every day. Some months later, the couple moved to a bigger house. They were very happy.

从那以后,农夫和他的老婆给鹅做了最美味的`食物。他们爱这只鹅。鹅每天都会下一只金蛋。几个月过去了,这对夫妇搬到了大一点的房子。他们非常开心。

Farmer:Thanks to the Goose, we are not poor anymore.

感谢鹅,我们不再贫穷了。

Wife:That is true.But I’m getting curious.

那倒是真的。但是我有点好奇。

Farmer: About what?

好奇什么?

Wife:The Goose doesn’t look special.

这只鹅看起来很普通。

Farmer: So what?

然后呢?

Wife:But how can it lay golden eggs?

但是它为什么能下金蛋?

Farmer: Good question.Now I’m getting curious, too. Hmm…

问得好。嗯。我现在也开始好奇了。

More months passed and the Farmer and his Wife became quite rich.

又过去几个月,农夫和他的老婆变得很有钱了。

Farmer: We are now quite rich. Thanks to the Goose.

我们现在很有钱了,要感谢那只鹅。

Wife:Yes.But I want to get really rich fast.

是的,但是我想更快地变得更有钱。

Farmer:How?

怎么弄?

Wife:Think.We don’t knowhow the Goose lays the golden eggs.But we know where they are coming from.

想一想。我们不知道这只鹅是怎么下蛋的。但是我们知道蛋是从哪里来的。

Farmer: We do? Where?

我们知道?哪儿?

Wife:From the Goose’s stomach, of course.So its stomach must be full of golden eggs.

当然是它的肚子里。因此它的肚子里肯定装满了金蛋。

Farmer: Perhaps. I don’t know.

我不知道,也许吧。

Wife:Can’t you see?We can become really rich all at once.

你没有看到吗?我们能一下子就变得有钱了。

Farmer: What do you mean?

你的意思是?

Wife:Cut open the Goose’s stomach. Take out all of the golden eggs inside.

划开它的肚子。把里面的所有金蛋全拿出来。

Farmer: You mean kill the Goose?

你的意思是杀了这只鹅?

Wife:Yes.A golden egg a day is too slow.I want to become really rich. Now!

是的,每天一只蛋太慢了。我想马上变得真正的很有钱。

Farmer: But it has given us a golden egg every day. It made us rich. We can’t kill it now.

但是它每天都给我们一只金蛋。这让我们变得有钱。我们现在不能杀它。

Wife:Why not?Don’t you want to become richer faster?

为什么不能?你不想更快地有钱吗?

Farmer: Yes, but we are rich right now.

不,我们现在已经很有钱了。

Wife:Yes. But I want to become really really rich. I want to live in the city.Bring the knife from the kitchen.

是的,但我想变成真正真正的有钱人。我想住在城里。把厨房里的刀拿来。

Farmer: If you wish, dear.

随你喜欢吧,亲爱的。

The Farmer brings a sharp knife from the kitchen. The Goose sees the knife and starts crying and runs away. The Wife hides the knife behind her back.

农夫从厨房里拿了把锋利的刀。这只鹅看到菜刀开始哭闹然后跑开了。他老婆把刀藏到了身后。

Goose:Quack, quack!

嘎嘎,嘎嘎!

Wife:What’s the matter, Goose?I have something delicious for you.

怎么了,乖鹅?我给你做了好吃的。

Goose:Quack, quack!

嘎嘎,嘎嘎!

Wife:it’s running away!Go and catch it!

它跑掉了,抓住它!

Farmer: Okay, dear.Come here, Goosey.

好的,亲爱的,过来,乖鹅。

Goose:Quack, quack!

嘎嘎,嘎嘎!

Wife:Catch it, catch it!

抓住它,抓住它!

Farmer: I got it!

我抓住它了!

Goose:Quack, quack!

嘎嘎,嘎嘎!

The Farmer catches the Goose and the Wife is about to cut open its stomach.

农夫抓住了鹅,然后他老婆划开了鹅的肚子。

Wife:We will be really rich soon.How many eggs will there be?

我们很快就会变富有了。这里会有多少金蛋呢?

Farmer: I don’t know.But there must be many.I’m getting curious now.Hurry up. Cut it open.

我不知道,但是肯定有很多。我现在很好奇。快点,划开它。

Wife:Okay, here I go.

好的,划开了。

Goose:(scream)Q-U-A-C-K!!!

(尖叫)嘎----嘎!!!

The Goose’s stomach is cut open. The Farmer and his Wife look surprised.

鹅的肚子被划开了。农夫和他的老婆都惊呆了。

Farmer: Where are the golden eggs?

这些金蛋到哪里去了?

Wife:I don’t know.There must be some inside.Look carefully!

我不知道,可能它们藏齐来了。好好找找!

Farmer: There are none!What have we done?

这里什么都没有!我们都做了什么?

Wife:No golden eggs?

没有金蛋?

Farmer: Poor Goose.We were too greedy.So we will become poor again.

可怜的鹅。我们太贪心了。现在我们又会变穷了。

Wife:Poor us!

可怜的我们!

Farmer: Boo-hoo-hoo.

嘘-呼-呼(遗憾的呼声)

MORAL

寓意

Don’t be greedy.

人们应该满足于现有的东西,切不可贪得无厌,杀鸡取卵

《伊索寓言下金蛋的鹅.doc》
将本文的Word文档下载到电脑,方便收藏和打印
推荐度:
点击下载文档

文档为doc格式